Saturday, October 31, 2009

New on Accutane...HELP!?

I just started taking Accutane one week ago and so far my skin is looking better each day...so I guess my question is that is it going to continue this way..or will that flare up everyone talks about eventually hit me? Or not? Also, What moisturizer is good? Because my skin is realllly flaky right now...I'm on 80 mg a day, my doctor wanted a higher dose for me, should I increase to the higher dose next month or stay here? I am afraid that this dose might not be strong enough. Please give me all your help, ideas, and suggestions!!
Answer:
i was on accutane as a teenager, and in my experience it did get worse before it got better. I had very bad acne, and the accutane made it look worse by badly drying out my skin. i got nose bleeds all the time because of the dryness as well. it was NOT fun. But in the long run my acne cleared up and never came back. I almost never even get the occasional zit. and I have been off it for like 15 years. just stick it out and listen to your doctor, hopefully you have the same success i did. as far as moisturizers,,, i don't really know, but i would get something water based
idk
you are still at the start of your treatment. usually the outburst occurs during the first month and it takes a while for it to clear (around one month). Some people get a severe outburst and others dont. A good skin moisturizer is Exfoliac reconstructive cream. it is tested on skin under isotretoin treatment and its very effective. dont forget to protect your skin from the sun because your skin is more prone for sunburn now. Use vaseline for ur lips. its the best. drink a lot of water to hydrate ur kidneys. control your diet so that you wont have cholesterol problems. The dose should be decided by your dermatologist depending on your weight, your lab tests and the medication effect on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


has a cold © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net