Saturday, October 31, 2009

Neon Green Vomit!?

My husband works on the river. The other day he was doubled over with pain coming from his lower back to his middle abdomen. He was also vomiting neon green crap. I took him to the ER and they didn't give us any idea to what the problem may be. They said he has a blockage in his small intestines and to go see his regular doctor. The pain has went away some but now he has black under his eyes. Anybody have any ideas on this? He is not running a feaver and the symptoms I listed are the only ones he has! Cant get into see regular doctor for a few days! Should I be worried, and what could be the problem. He also has stopped the vomiting.
Answer:
Does his doctor understand that a diagnosis of intestinal blockage has been made? This is a very serious condition that people die from. I'm glad to hear that he's feeling better but that doctor should have made seeing your husband a priority. You can take your husband to a gastroenterologist.
Wow, call doctor House.... Have your husband take it easy until the doctor appointment. You may want to plug the symptoms in WebMD and see what pops up.
I would be worried. What river does he work on? Maybe they have nuclear waste runoff into that river. I know some rivers in Illionis have that problem. I don't mean to freak you out but I would take his neon green vomitting very seriously. See a doctor as soon as possible. I'm suprised an emergency room doctor couldn't give you better answers.
The neon green was bile. His stomach got so empty that it started emptying out what was below the stomach, in the duodenum. If he is not vomiting any more then he is probably okay. I've been that sick before with just a stomach virus. I would still see his regular doctor for the eye thing. If you really feel he needs to see a doctor right away, find him another doctor or call his doc and tell them how worried you are. Insist that he be seen. Follow your instincts. Better safe than sorry.
Green = Bile (bile is from gallbladder).Black could be just from him being tired if he didnt get any sleep.Go to an urgent care center/clinic if you feel like you really need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


has a cold © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net