Saturday, October 31, 2009

Nature's Cure? I'm frying here!?

Acne!!! Geesh! So I've tried everthing you can possible think of from Proactive (irritated skin/broke out more) Clean %26Clear (dried out my skin) to Netrogena (didn't help my oily skin)...
Now I heard of Nature's cure...
Has anyone tried it?
Answer:
you are better off to use a antibacterial soap to wash your face really good and if necessary use clearasol
i havn't heard of it, but see the pattern: these man-made products aren't working! what you should do is wash your face a few times every day with a gentle soap (like dove) and then mositurize well before going to bed - and i don't mean those nice-smelling kids of lotions - use good ones like aveeno or jergens(actually, when my brother had skin problems, his doctor recommended aveeno...it worked for him!)also, avoid touching your face with your hands or anything thing else - the dirt/oil is just transferred to your face =D
Go to your dermotologist and ask about accutane. This will clear it up your acne. In the meantime, try Panoxyl Bar 10% soap, you can find this at most drugstores. Wash face with cold or cool water always, Never hot. And use an oil free moisturizer, like Cetaphil.
Good Luck to you.
I haven't tried that, but I have heard that products with salicytic(sp?) acid (derived from aspirin) work best and are not supposed to be as drying to the face as products that contain benzoyle peroxide. For general cleansing, and I have really sensitive skin, I use Cetaphil ('gentle cleansing') liquid soap, and it doesn't irritate my skin at all (knock wood ;) I had tried dove a long time ago, but it always seemed to dry out my skin. I suppose that everyone's body chemistry and amount of histamine released due to certain substances are different.
Hey, I've tried Nature's Cure a few years back before. It's basically a duo-set of benzoyl peroxide spot treatment cream and pills you take a couple times a day. I'm not sure how it would work out on you, so I suppose it's worth a try, as everyone's skin is different and different treatments work for different people, but it didn't do much for my skin, and sometimes made my break out more. You should consult a dermatologist, who can help you find the perfect method of acne treatment and prevention for your skin type. Or you could keep on trying different systems; I'm sure something will work for you sooner or later. Just remember that sometimes you need to mix up systems and combine products instead of using just one brand at one time. Good luck!
Contact these people ... http://www.rosacea-remedy.com/acne.html...
They're apparrently starting a volunteer trial with their acne intense treatment oil.
See if they're stilllooking for people because undiluted sea buckthorn oil is pretty potent stuff. I've been using it for a few months now and my skin is the best it's been in years. Read up about it on their homepage.
It sounds like you have the same triple whammy that I do - oily skin prone to breakouts, but it is also sensitive skin. That makes it very tricky trying to find skincare products to treat one problem without adding to the other, doesn't it?You may want to give Murad a try. Since you didn't respond very well to the benzoyl peroxide in the Proactiv, you may fare better with the salycilic acid in Murad products. Those two medicines have completely different actions - the benzoyl peroxide kills the p-acnes bacteria, while the salicylic acid encourages the cellular turnover needed to clear the skin. (If memory serves, I believe the Nature's Cure lotion is benzoyl peroxide based....if you didn't fare well with it in Proactiv, you probably won't do well with it in this product. But double check me on that - it's been awhile!)One word of caution though: Don't use the kit specifically for acne - this will probably be too drying for you. Instead, order the kit for sensitive skin, and spot treat with their acne lotion. (I THINK the website is called www.murad.com, but you can do a search to be sure) I suffer from rosacea, acne, and super sensitive skin, but I can use their products with great results.Several good websites for information on acne and oily skin: www.dermadoctor.com (you can look for articles and product recommendations by skin condition), or www.sageskincare.com. I use the latter website to locate cosmetics and haircare products that are "safe". (In other words, they don't contain any acnegenic ingredients) They also have a list of ingredients to avoid - you can never memorize it all, but being familiar with the most common ones has saved me purchasing skin or haircare products that would cause me additional problems.Something else - food DOES matter. Avoid foods, beverages or vitamins containing iodide or iodine. This will cause acne to flare in a MAJOR way. (Think shellfish, ingredients in health foods like kelp or carregeenan (also in many ice creams). energy drinks such as Dr. Enuf, etc) Also steer clear of things high in acid - like pickles or orange juice from concentrate. (Oranges are great for you - processed orange juice may not be.)Use moderation and the common sense God gave you, and you should see tremendous improvement in your complexion. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


has a cold © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net