Tuesday, May 25, 2010

PCOS is holding me back from getting pregnant?

What can i do other than taking fertility pills from the doctor, to get pregnant and i have pcos?
Answer:
Try chartign your basal body temperature. If you google it you will find a lot of info on it.
They say an HSG often will increase your odss in teh follwoign few cycles but that didnt work for me. Going on the pill for a few cycles will not only regulate your cycles for a bit, it will also shrink any cysts so that when you first come off of them you may have a few "normal cycles" before teh cysts start developgin again.
I have PCOS, and I know I would conceive if I lost weight, are you overweight?
Perhaps a reproductive endocrinologist can prescribe some bio-identical progesterone.
"Natural progesterone should be the basis of PCOS treatment, along with attention to stress, exercise, and nutrition."
Hope it can help.
First let me start by saying, I have PCOS and have two beautiful children, so it can be done!
You need to make sure to take care of your blood sugar if you are insulin resistant. Make sure you have a doctor who listens and explains everything to you. I had trouble concieving my second child.... they are 9 years apart, and I finally found a doctor who knew more about my disorder than I did. (I spent day online researching) I started seeing him and within 3 months he could tell when I ovulated (during menses) and that I had some internal issues as well. He did a little outpatient suegery and "cleaned me up" he drilled my cysts and zapped out some scar tissue. Three months later he told me to try to get pregnant... first try.Make sure you tell your doctor how important this is to you, and if he's not willing to help, find another doc who is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


has a cold © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net