Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Osteoarthritis?

I was in a car accident July 2005, and did a lot of damage to my knee. I have permanent patellar and meniscal tendonitis, and my meniscis is torn, but not enough for surgery. I'm in constant pain, and my doctor told me about a year ago that I would most likely end up with arthiritis in 10 - 20 years. At first I thought it wasn't right that he was assuming this is how it would end, but I'm slowly having more and more symptoms of osteoarthiritis. I'm only 19, and I'd rather not have this. Is there any way I can relieve this symptoms, and maybe push it off?
-weakness in the knee -'creaking' when bending -pain when held in one position for too long -pain from walking -can't run -pain when weather changes
Answer:
Yes, there are things you can do to keep osteoarthritis at bay. Low impact exercises such as swimming and yoga is a great way to stay flexible. Watch your weight, extra pounds will put stress on joints. I work out with weights(10-20LBS) Good muscle tone will reinforce the joints. Also, I believe a good mattress does wonders. I have a temperdic foam(memory foam). These things have kept me going for years. I hope you give this a try. Good luck.
I wish you luck with your doctors.I have osteoarthritis in my spine and in my hip or so the doctors say.My thing is is if I really have this why are the doctors just letting it go and not treating it.I am in pain all the time.
Aside from a knee replacement, the only thing you can do is to use a pain reliever, ice packs, etc.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


has a cold © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net