Tuesday, May 25, 2010

On my left hand little finger has lost feeling as has part of ring finger also side of hand ? if nerve proble?

I have had a slight numbness to tip of little finger for a while but since using a keyboard for the past three weeks it has worsened. I actually am right handed but tend to rest my left elbow and wrist on my worktop.
Answer:
This is caused by ULNAR NERVE (C8 %26 T1) compression at the level of the elbow (near the funny bone) or near the wrist.From your description it appears to be caused by the resting of your left elbow on your worktop. It is quite common among students who adopt this posture quite commonly....though this is not the 'student elbow'. It is more common in thin individuals who lack the buffering pad of fat behind the elbow.There is no problem and the treatment is completely different from the Median Nerve compression of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Surgery is NOT indicated.You need to1. avoid pressure on and around the elbow and forearm - an elbow support pad may help 2. warmth and massage in the area 3. vitamin B complex supplement .If it persists too long you must consult your doctor
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
I have this in both hands as well as Cubital Tunnel(in teh elbow and affects the other fingers).
There are gel pads you can get that sit in fron tof teh keyboard that might help, wrist braces that sometimes do as well.
sorry gona have to cut of the fingers or else it will spread to whole body and you will die with 7 days but you will get a phone call to confirm this. Then when you put the TV on it will go fuzzy and a wierd lady will come out and grab you then rape you then kill you.
Please visit your G.P. They will be able to help you.
I had the exact same thing not too long ago, I too wondered if it was because of how I rested my hand and wrist whilst at the computer. I lost the feeling in my little finger, ring finger and part of the middle finger. It went away after about 2 weeks and I have been fine ever since.
Take up Tai chi, this is because I belive alot of people are using thier computers for a long time. My story is that i had numb thumbs and fingers and i could not work out why... When i took up Tai chi the numbness disapeared and its all about how you use your body day in and day out... So look up Tai Chi, it will do you alot of favours. There is a DVD on amazon that you can buy and that will sort your problem out. best of luck
i had the same thing, and after several weeks
it went away. i think it was the way i was sleeping
on my arm.
I think you should get a proper opinion. I disagree with Betsy. The classic symptons od Carpal Tunnel Syndrome include middle two fingers. The little finger is invariably unaffected as it is served by a separate nerve which does not travel through the Carpal Tunnel.
One person has already answered with Carpal Tunnel. I have your symptoms exactly. Have been for electronic testing - result CT in both wrists. Left hand is worse than the right. Now waiting to see surgeon about going under the knife - Yuk! I hate the idea, but it's been like it now since the end of December.
Go to your doctor he may suggest a wrist splint to see if this helps at all. Good luck!
Well I can tell you what you don't have, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.Due to the fact that the nerves in your little finger and the out side of you ring finger do not run through the carple tunnel, only the nerves in you thumb, index, pointer and the other half of you ring finger do.You might have tendinitis. But you best bet is to see a doctor, that way you can know for sure and they can develop a treatment plan for you.
I agree with probably not carpal tunnel. I have similar thing. I am pinching a nerve in my back and going to phy therapy.While I was there i asked about problems with my wrist and hands. I sculpt, knit etc. You probably have inflammation from over use. He told me to practice with those squeezy things and do puppet movement with my hand. You can go to some one who can show you how to use your hands properly. I learned I flex or over extend. my thumb in -opening cans,kniting rather than keeping joints in my fingers rounded. I think just rest and tweeking the way you do things you'll be fine.
The 4th and 5th fingers are affected by the ulnar nerve, which can be interrupted by pressure at the elbow or the chest area (e.g. thoracic outlet syndrome). From your description it would appear that as you lean your elbow on the desk, so you affect your ulnar nerve and this appears to be why you have these symptoms. You might try to alter the resting position of your elbow and wrist/hand. There are many reasons for numbness in the 4th and 5th fingers and, if an adjustment to your elbow and hand position has no positive result, you should be aware of the other possible causes - Finger paresthesias, Paresthesias. Nerve injury. Diabetic neuropathy. Multiple sclerosis. Cervical spondylosis. Peripheral vascular disease. Alcoholic neuropathy. Guillaine-Barre syndrome. SACD. Frostbite. Leprosy. Panic attack. Should the symptoms persist after a period of time following your re-adjustment of the position of your elbow etc, you would be advised to seek advice from your doctor.
Hope this helps
matador 89
you could have carple tunnel syndrome or a pinched nurve please go see you doc he might recomend having an EMG it call tell you exactly what it is

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


has a cold © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net